Many people ask about the recently-added restore files on the Android trash folder. Other users of Android have submitted similar queries.
So, if you currently used your device for a long time and are not getting enough free space, you might be looking for the garbage bin.
Android users have no trash location, unlike Mac or Windows users. As a result, they have to launch additional steps to remove all the junk files from their device. In this article, we will teach you how to get rid of all the files on your phone.
It will also help you find and recover deleted files that are not deleted permanently. But first,
Where Can You Find the Trash Folder on an Android Device?
Unlike on a MAC system and PC, Android has no trash bin. Instead, different apps have unique bins that they can use to back up and store their deleted data files from Android.
Some of these include:
-File Manager app
These apps follow a similar format for finding trash for data recovery.
Due to the limited storage capacity of most smartphones, keeping a dedicated folder for all your trash is not always feasible. Instead, apps like Photos allow users to store their recently deleted photos in a separate folder.
So, if you want to remove all traces of unauthorized data from your Samsung phone, then you have to first scan and remove the files from different apps.
Is there a Recycle Bin on Android?
Unfortunately, Android phones don’t have a contact recycle bin to transfer all deleted files. This is mainly due to the device’s limited storage.
Most phones have 32 GB to 256 GB of storage, which is not enough to hold a recycling container. Android’s storage will quickly get eaten by unnecessary files if there is one.
Can You Find an Actual Trash Can on Android?
Android does not have a dedicated trash folder, which means that we can’t easily access the deleted junk files.
However, some apps can help you erase and temporarily free up space on your smartphone.
The Google Photos
Google Photos is a third-party app that lets users retrieve their photos. It also allows you to manage them in various ways.
After you have deleted something from the app, it will be moved to a Trash folder. However, if you wish to get rid of it, go to the app’S trash repository.
- To access Google Photos’ various options, tap on the hamburger button.
- To preview all the pictures that were deleted from Google Photos, go to the list of available folders and click the “Trash” button.
- To permanently remove photos, select the ones you want to remove and tap on the “to trash/delete” button.
Like Google Photos, Gmail has an accumulation of trash. However, it does not immediately wipe your files in one after they have been deleted, as they are stored in the Trash folder for 30 days.
To free up more space on your account, you can visit this folder and empty the trash messages.
- To start Gmail, open it on your device and tap the hamburger button at the top left corner.
- To view the various folders and categories in Gmail, go to the “General” category and click on the “Trash” option.
- You can easily remove all your emails by selecting the ones you want to remove and then press the “remove icon” on the toolbar.
- You can also select and connect all of your emails from the trash folder and automatically remove all of them. To do so, simply tap on the “Empty Trash” button.
With the free Dropbox app, you can easily store and manage your data while keeping it secure. Unfortunately, its only support for 2 GB of space limits the amount of space it can take.
This is why it is recommended that users regularly clear their files from the app’s interface.
- Go to the app’s home page and open the Trash folder. You can also tap on the icon located on the toolbox.
- To find deleted files from your account, go to the “Dropbox” menu, select the “All files” option, and then click on the “Remove from Trash” button.
- After confirming your choice, wait for the selected files to be deleted.
The Recycle Bin App
Plenty of third-party applications can help you remove unwanted content from your Android device. One of these is the app known as Recycle Bin, which will allow you to collect and manage the undelete files on your device.
You can also download it from the google play website. After that, you can go back and follow these steps to access your device’s trash folder.
- Before using the recycle bin app on your Android device, ensure you have the necessary permissions.
- The app will allow you to access the files on your local computer and the attached SD card. You can also visit any of the storage options to browse the content.
- You can view all of the deleted files on your Android phone device. To remove them, tap on the “trash” button.
How to Remove the Junk Files on Your Android
One of the most important steps in getting more space on your Android device is to empty the trash folder.
On the other hand, many expert suggestions will help you free up more space on your device without accidentally deleting all your files.
Step #1: Clear the Cache Date on Your Device
The primary purpose of cache data is to provide a more customized and faster app experience. Although it can enhance the experience, it can also negatively affect the device’s storage capacity.
To make the most of its available space, you should periodically review and remove the cache from your device.
- To remove the cache data for a particular app, go to your device’s Settings app and select it from the list. Then, remove all the data from the app’s storage settings. This process can be performed for other apps as well.
You can easily remove all the accumulated data from your device’s cache by going to your device’s storage options and selecting the option to “Clear all cache data.“
Step #2: Remove Download History
We tend to download a lot of files from the web without actually needing them later. To remove these, go to the File Manager and look for the “download history” or “downloads folder.” You can then remove the unwanted files by going to the display page.
Step #3: Remove the Duplicated Photos
We use our smartphones as a method to take numerous pictures, which can sometimes occupy a lot of space. To avoid this issue, try to remove the ones you no longer need or find duplicates. You can manually remove them by going to the Gallery on your device.
Step #4: Check Your Playlist
If you have a lot of songs on your device, you might want to free up some space on Android by visiting the Music app and searching for your favorite songs. You can then remove the ones you no longer want to listen to.
Also, if you are a native of a music streaming service such as Google Music or Spotify, try not to save files from your phone offline since it will add more space to your device’s storage.
To avoid accidental deletion of files, you can back up your phone’s information to a secure location and remove it from your device after it has been done.
For instance, you can transfer your data from your phone to your computer and access the saved content to move it to its storage.
Besides, you can install an app that has storage for files that you are going to delete. In addition, Android users can free up space by removing duplicates and junk files from their phones.