You can use iMovie to make a storyboard, video, and more. If you want to show off your work to your friends and family, upload it to Google Drive and share it with them. However, you must ensure the file is in the mov, wmv, or .flv formats. On the other hand, Google Drive supports other file types, but these are typically the most common ones.
Moreover, Using the Share menu in iMovie will let you choose which format to save the video. You can then upload it to Google Drive using the Mac app. In this article, there are simple steps that will help you save and backup your videos to the cloud storage service.
How to Share iMovie Videos on Google Drive?
You can easily share and upload iMovie videos to Google Drive with permission. It comes with an option to allow sharing with a single person or a group.
But, in order to grant others access to your files, you must give them specific permissions. For example, the person who creates a document is typically called the owner, and they can freely transfer ownership to another user with their consent.
You also have three options when transferring ownership of your files to Google Drive. These allow you to give others access to your content as per your requirements, and they can also be made public online so that anyone can see them.
With these features, Google Drive becomes the most convenient way to store all your data and lets you easily access it from anywhere.
Steps on How to Share iMovie to Google Drive
This tutorial will discuss uploading your projects from Apple’s iMovie internet software to Google Drive. But, you must first learn the Share Settings option, allowing you to select the person who will see your videos.
This basic tutorial will teach you how to share videos through Google Drive.
Step 1. You can access Google Drive using this link – https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive for free from your Gmail account.
Step 2. Go to the Google Drive homepage and click the “New” button and select File Upload.
Step 3. You can then upload your desired file and complete the submission process to receive a notification.
Step 4. Preview your successfully uploaded video.
Step 5. Share your video by clicking the Share icon or options in the popup menu.
Step 6. In the Share preferences, select the file-sharing option that you want.
Step 7. Navigate to the Share preferences and choose the file-sharing option you want and tap “Done”
In the settings, you can specify which accounts you want to share your media or video files with. This will allow you to get and share a Google Drive video easily.
Creating a separate folder for your photos and videos is usually recommended to keep them on the Drive.
How to Share iMovie Videos to Google Drive?
This next option will go through the steps necessary to upload your projects from iMovie to Google Drive.
- Step 1. You need to open the iMovie on your computer.
- Step 2. To export various movies, go to the Share tab, select the media you want to download, and click the “Export Movie” button.
- Step 3. Navigate to the “Export As” section and enter the file name you want to export. Then choose the appropriate location and size for the export.
- Step 4. To sign in to Google Drive, go to the official site and click on the “+ New” button. You’ll then be prompted to create a new folder for your videos in the program.
- Step 5. To upload a video or media file to Google Drive, go to the folder where you saved your photos and videos in iMovie and click the + New button.
- Step 6. After successfully submitting the files, the prompt message will show the “upload complete.”
Another Alternative to iMovie For Windows
Now, it is easy to download and use Apple’s popular video editing software, Mac OS X’s Apple iMovie, on iTunes. It does various basic editing tasks such as cropping, merging, and trimming. Unfortunately, this only works on Mac OS X and iOS, so users who want video editing on their Windows PC will choose another program.
Looking for a video editing program that is useful and powerful enough to work on videos on both Mac and Windows? Plenty of free software can do this, but not all of them can provide you with the same level of performance and ease of use that iMovie can offer.
One of the best and most common video editing programs is Wondershare Filmora, which is almost identical to iMovie. It has a variety of controls and is very easy to use.
One of the main advantages of using Wondershare Filmora is its ability to work with different formats, such as MP4, MOD, and MKV.
It allows you to rotate, crop, split, and rotate your videos with just a few taps. It also features stunning transitions and sound effects and can add more advanced ones, such as Mosaic, Face Off, and Jump Cut.
Exporting Video to Your Computer
To export your videos to your PC,
- go to the Export tab, and choose the format you want. Three quality levels are displayed in the settings window, and they are Best, Good, and Better. You can easily adjust these by setting the Bit Rate according to the parameters, such as the Frame Rate and Resolution.
- In the Device option, you can set the output of your video to be compatible with various devices, such as Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, PlayStation 4, and more. To adjust the settings, go to the settings tab and then hit the export button.
Exporting videos using this method will not automatically transfer them to your devices; they will be stored on your local hard drive.
We hope you now know how you can upload your iMovie files to Google Drive. After reading our article, you might have mistakenly thought that it was very complicated. But it is not much complex after all.
In addition, we talked about why Filmora is the best alternative for Mac and Windows users, as it can do almost everything that was done in iMovie, including adding filters, transitions, and titles to videos, converting audio and video clips, and applying animations to clips with green screen effects.