Canva has become a go-to design tool for many, providing an easy-to-use interface and a variety of features to create stunning designs.
However, when it comes to presenting these designs, Google Slides is often the preferred platform.
So, can you convert Canva designs to Google Slides? The answer is yes, and in this article, we will show you how to do it step by step.
Whether you are a teacher, marketer, or designer, knowing how to convert Canva to Google Slides can save you time and help you deliver your message more effectively.
How To Import a Theme From Canva to Google Slides?
In order to import the Canva’s presentation theme into your google slides, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, in your canva application, you can click on the Share button located at the top right.
2. Click on … More to expand more options
3.Then scroll down and search for Google Drive which is under Save section
4. You will see this screen below after selecting Google Drive, click on Connect Google Drive
5. Select your google account that you want to import the Canvas template into
6. Click on Allow button to allows Canva to have access to your Google Account
7. Select the path/folder in your Google Drive to save into. In this example, I selected Shared folder in my Google Drive.
8. Select the File Type as PPTX and click Save button
9. After you have click the Save button. It will takes short while to export out to your Google Drive depending the number pages of you have in your Canva.
You shall able to see successfully message and you can click on the link – View in Google Drive
10. Lastly, it will actually open up the PPTX file as Google Slides . You should be able to see something like this below:
What Are The Key Benefits & Advatanges for importing Canva Template to Google Slide?
Now lets further to look into what are key benefits & advantages for using Canva Template to your Google Slide. Hope this short overview will give you a better insights and understanding
Easy to use
Importing Canva templates to Google Slides is easy and straightforward. You do not need any technical skill or expertise to do it. As you can see the steps above, it was pretty straightforward.
High-quality graphics & Huge variety of designs
Canva templates are designed by professionals and come with high-quality graphics that give your presentation a polished look.
For non-desginer like myself, this is one of my fav tool as it will allows me to come out with more presentable & professional looking designs easily with just few clicks
Furthermore, Canva offers a wide range of templates that you can choose from. This means that you can find a design that matches your presentation needs.
You do not need to start from scratch when creating your presentation. Importing a template based on your needs on Canva saves you lots of time and effort.
You can customize the template to suit & fit your brand colors, font, and overall presentation style.
What Are The Limitation & disadvatanges for importing Canva Template to Google Slide?
Now lets take a look what are key limitation and challegnes you might face:
Canva templates may not be as flexible as highly customized Google Slides presentations. While you can customize a Canva template to some extent, you are limited in terms of layout and design.
When you import Canva templates to Google Slides, the fonts used in the template may not be available in Google Slides. You may need to select a similar Google font or download the font and install it on your computer.
Additional Cost for Pro Version to get premium templates
While Canva offers a free version, some templates require a paid subscription. This means that you may be required to pay for premium templates.
Integration with Google Slides
Although importing Canva templates to Google Slides is easy, there may be some compatibility issues that may arise during the import process.
i hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.